It is recommended to start at the earliest post and proceed chronologically.
❰❰ back to LHW:A main website
April 26, 2015
After much experimentation, worry, anticipation, and a few setbacks, these cabinets have lived up to our hopes. We are very, very pleased with the beautiful workmanship and finish.
Lots of pictures below.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 11:00 PM No comments:
April 23, 2015
Posted by Hunter Williams at 8:56 PM No comments:
April 22, 2015
Sinking into a Hole (reverse that)
We wanted the one that comes with a hole in it for the faucet.
Well, not so simple.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 1:38 PM 2 comments:
Posted by Hunter Williams at 1:13 PM No comments:
April 20, 2015
|Big trim boards in this opening, with reveal. Took a bit of fussing, and adding drywall edging to make the shadowline reveal. Messy business, but I'm getting better at it. Still needs painting.|
Mostly working alone at the house this week, but this coming week promises big things.
This past week involved:
- Lots of base trim: about 1/2 done, including up the stairway. Some base trim is on hold until carpet installation in bedrooms.
- Lots of door trim: about 2/3 done.
- Drywall reveal trim installation around two openings.
- Misc. painting
- Mirrors measured and ordered.
- Glass shower door measured and ordered.
- Countertops ordered (they measure and template later)
- Flooring underlayment cut and put down in Laundry Closet, for future sheet linoleum.
- Plumber dropped off the sinks.
- Cabinet guy put down toe-kicks in the kitchen.
- Taxes prepared & filed
The coming week promises:
- Installation of the long-awaited Kitchen Cabinets (Yay!)
- Installation of most plumbing fixtures that don't involve countertops: toilets, shower trim, tub trim, hose bibs, utility sink (Yay!)
Stay tuned - a lot of changes in the next few days.
|Base trim in the Hallway|
|Base Trim up the stairs. The finished wood stair treads and risers will butt into this.|
|Wood sink wall, now with steel shelf on top. Sink has arrived, awaiting installation.|
|Door trim examples - a swing door (left) and pocket door (right). Pocket door still needs a bit of touch up sanding and paint.|
|Kitchen cabinet bases are down. Cabinets pending!|
Posted by Hunter Williams at 8:23 PM No comments:
April 10, 2015
The wood slats that form the Dining Room wall/stair guardrail are in.
We've been looking forward to this day; it adds much warmth and detail to the room. See more pics below.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 7:48 AM 1 comment:
April 08, 2015
I am pre-painting all the base trim and casings prior to installation.
They'll still get touched up once installed, but that is much easier than crawling around painting all the coats of paint on the trim once in place.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 12:20 PM No comments:
April 06, 2015
Very satisfying to put the handles on.
More of the same tomorrow, then the casing trim gets pre-painted and installed.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 9:33 PM No comments:
So great to be done with portable worklights and long extension cords.
Posted by Hunter Williams at 9:28 PM No comments:
April 03, 2015
Posted by Hunter Williams at 10:22 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)