|Big trim boards in this opening, with reveal. Took a bit of fussing, and adding drywall edging to make the shadowline reveal. Messy business, but I'm getting better at it. Still needs painting.|
Mostly working alone at the house this week, but this coming week promises big things.
This past week involved:
- Lots of base trim: about 1/2 done, including up the stairway. Some base trim is on hold until carpet installation in bedrooms.
- Lots of door trim: about 2/3 done.
- Drywall reveal trim installation around two openings.
- Misc. painting
- Mirrors measured and ordered.
- Glass shower door measured and ordered.
- Countertops ordered (they measure and template later)
- Flooring underlayment cut and put down in Laundry Closet, for future sheet linoleum.
- Plumber dropped off the sinks.
- Cabinet guy put down toe-kicks in the kitchen.
- Taxes prepared & filed
The coming week promises:
- Installation of the long-awaited Kitchen Cabinets (Yay!)
- Installation of most plumbing fixtures that don't involve countertops: toilets, shower trim, tub trim, hose bibs, utility sink (Yay!)
Stay tuned - a lot of changes in the next few days.
|Base trim in the Hallway|
|Base Trim up the stairs. The finished wood stair treads and risers will butt into this.|
|Wood sink wall, now with steel shelf on top. Sink has arrived, awaiting installation.|
|Door trim examples - a swing door (left) and pocket door (right). Pocket door still needs a bit of touch up sanding and paint.|
|Kitchen cabinet bases are down. Cabinets pending!|